Guest lists, holiday decorations, venue, menus, entertainment, invitations… there’s a LOT that goes into planning a holiday work party.
It’s easy to get caught up in the holiday work party planning process, the checking off of the to-do list, and the nitty-gritty details.
Have you ever taken a moment to think about the kind of experience you want your guests to have? How do you want them to feel from the moment they receive the invitation to the moment they leave the party?
We’ve developed a list of 10 questions you need to ask yourself before you begin. The more time you put into answering these questions now, the more likely you are to achieve the results you’re looking for.
10 questions to ask yourself BEFORE you begin your holiday work party planning:
- What compliments did we get on last year’s party?
- What was missing from last year’s party?
- What are my priorities?
- How do I want my guests to feel when they arrive at the party?
- What do I want my guests to be doing during the event?
- How do I want my guests to feel when they leave the party?
- What am I worried about?
- How will I know if the party is a success?
- How will my guests determine if the event was successful?
- What do I want people to thank me for?
Take it a step further and get some feedback from your colleagues. Ask them what they liked and didn’t like about previous years’ events, and what would get them excited to participate in this year. Put it out as a survey using a tool like SurveyMonkey.com, or simply have some conversations.
Book your holiday party at Thought Design
Our holiday party facility rental starts at just $360. Whether it’s for your work team, softball team or support team, let us help you create an amazing experience that will have your guests raving about it until February.