Empowered Leader 1 Course
This training is held in-person at Thought Design in Rockford, Michigan.
Become a more agile leader, better equipped to navigate the challenges of the day-to-day of leadership head on! Learn how to uncover the thinking behind your behaviors in this course. When you can see differently, you think differently, behave differently, and lead more effectively.
Our Empowered Leader course is designed to power possibilities within participants, ultimately giving you:
- Greater Clarity – Illuminate the potential within yourself, others, your work, systems, organization, and even the world by learning to think in new ways.
- Greater Capacity – Expand your mindset and capabilities through challenge, collision with new perspectives, and reflection.
- Greater Agility – Discover how to work with, not against, the design of your brain for greater dexterity throughout your day.
This course isn’t just about giving you tools and skills to better manage your team. It is about changing how you think – seeing things differently – so you can lead your team to the results you and your organization ultimately want. In Empowered Leader I, you’ll gain:
- The ability to see the big picture and small details.
- Agility in your thinking and communicating.
- A comprehensive understanding of psychological safety, why it is key to high performance, and how to achieve it.
Our robust curriculum provides experiential learning through lively group sessions, self-directed reflection, hands-on practice, and small group assignments, all designed to help you think differently about your role as leader and support you with strategies to change the behaviors you want to change. Each session will help you think and rethink with more clarity, agility, and purpose in both your professional and personal life!
Upcoming Course Dates:
Empowered Leader I Course Beginning Tuesday, January 16, 2023
Meets from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST on the second and fourth week of every month for 8 total sessions in-person at Thought Design.
- January 16, 2024
- January 30, 2024
- February 13, 2024
- February 27, 2024
- March 12, 2024
- March 26, 2024
- April 16, 2024
- April 30, 2024
Empowered Leader II Course Beginning Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Meets from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST on the first and third week of every month for 8 total sessions in-person at Thought Design.
- October 4, 2023
- October 18, 2023
- November 1, 2023
- November 15, 2023
- December 6, 2023
- December 20, 2023
- January 3, 2024
- January 17, 2024 – 9:00 to 1:00 includes Culinary Studio event lunch
Have a conflict with one of the sessions? No worries – we use Owl technology to record each session!
All sales are final and refunds will not be provided. Please email us at hello@thought-design if you need to change courses.
|8 EL1 Sessions:||
1. Foundational Themes: Understand why psychological safety is the non-negotiable, core ingredient to high performance and healthy culture.
2. Developing Others: Apply the mindset and strategies that create a multiplying effect on your team.
3. Reduce the Drama: Break down the predictable, addictive patterns of relating with others that we all fall into when triggered by stress or pressure and develop habits that lead to growth and empowerment.
4. Complexity: Evaluate how you make decisions and learn strategies to help you lead in times of complexity, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
5. Curiosity and Empathy: Activate curiosity and empathy in ways that will foster learning, connection, and innovation.
6. Self + Others Awareness: Increase awareness of your behaviors, beliefs, and values and the impact they have on the psychological safety of your team.
7. Productive Conflict: Shift the way you think to minimize toxic, unproductive conflict, and maximize opportunities for “creative abrasion.”
8. Structures Thinking: Create a plan to implement the structures your team