This course is for
- Formal leaders who are ready to solidify their foundational management skills, bolster their confidence in handling difficult situations well, and empower their teams to work at the next level.
- Informal leaders who want the right mindset and foundational skills to impact their organization more broadly or are interested in formally managing people one day.
What You Get
You will participate in robust curriculum that provides experiential learning through self-directed reflection, hands-on practice, and small group assignments, all designed to equip you with real-world manager skills. Everything you learn can be immediately applied to both your professional and personal settings.
You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with from other people in your cohort to enhance your learning experience.
This content is delivered through eight 2.5-hour sessions over four months:
- Foundations: Vision and Values – Learn about the importance of creating an intentional culture and a shared vision for your team as well as the role you play in shaping it.
- Foundations: Strategy and Execution – Learn strategies to help you identify priorities and get more of the right things done individually and throughout the team, keeping the team’s culture, vision, and goals at the forefront of everyone’s mind
- Self + Other Awareness: DISC and 12 Driving Forces – Lead yourself with a greater awareness of your superpowers and values, areas where you run into conflict with others, and improve your ability to pick up on the behaviors and values of others. Learn how to adapt your style for improved communication, trust, and relationships.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Explore ways to solve complicated or complex problems, manage decision making power and communication and cultivate buy-in
- Managing and Leveraging Conflict – Learn how to minimize toxic, unproductive conflict, develop patterns of communicating with candor and support healthy “creative abrasion” that leads to innovation, creativity and trust
- Healthy and Effective Feedback – Discover ways to create a feedback-rich culture that enables real-time learning and deep connection
- Developing Others: Becoming a Multiplier, part one – Learn the difference between being a multiplier (bringing out the best behaviors and ideas in people) and a diminisher (shutting down intelligence, creativity and energy in people)
- Developing Others: Becoming a Multiplier, part two – Learn about the core habits and practices of multipliers, developing a personal development and action plan