What You Get
You will participate in this practical, robust course focused on skill-building delivered thru six, 2-hour sessions. Each session will be interactive, experiential, and focused on building practical, actionable skills. Conversational assignments will be given for practice between sessions.
Meeting every week, the course includes:
- Sense-Making: How we listen and make sense of our worlds. Learn how each person constructs their experience of the world and translates it into unique and personal stories. Learn to listen differently and more powerfully.
- The Dance of Drama and Empowerment: Exploring the patterns of relating and reacting that everyone is hardwired to play out. Learn to recognize and interrupt your own unique way of participating in the patterns and how you unintentionally keep them going and how to change your own mindset and response in ways that stop (or at least quiet) drama and recycling issues.
- The Four Horsemen: Exploring the four patterns of communication that research shows almost always leads to the destruction of a relationship. Learn skills and strategies that will enable you to communicate clearly in tough conversations without criticism or contempt.
- Four Simple Rules: Learn how to follow the four very simple, but powerful rules of agreements that can dramatically reduce unnecessary conflict and drama.
- Crystal Clear – Communicating with Candor: Learn to recognize the patterns of communication that create confusion, frustration, and hurt. Practice communicating in the “radical candor” zone to increase clarity and build trust.
- Curiosity – Your Conversational Superpower: Learn how to “activate” curiosity and to use it to improve your conversations, resolve differences more quickly and transform your conversations into powerful activators of your own growth and development.
This course will be delivered in six, two-hour sessions.
Each session will be interactive, experiential and focused on building practical, actionable skills.
Conversational assignments will be given for practice between sessions.
Ready to get started?
The next course begins August 18th and meets every Wednesday for 6 sessions from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at Thought Design.